Thursday, December 27, 2012

Those Were the Most Blah of Times

http://www.thedaybookblog.com/2012/11/a-few-things-in-no-particular-order.html
Delsh green juice recipe from The Daybook
Ugh, this is such a weird time of the year.  I always fall into a little post Christmas depression funk, mixed with a little relief, exhaustion, and lack of dollars to my name.  I am also pretty sure I've eaten my body weight in brownies, apple pie, and champagne during the past weeks.  Anyone else?  

Ian and I are planning on doing a little New Years Juicing this year, which has me both excited & nervous.  We watched this mind blowing documentary, Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead a month ago, but never had a good time to really give it a go. Yesterday I went out and bought this juicer with a Crate and Barrel gift card we had left from our wedding, along with approximately 90 pounds of produce from Trader Joe's.  We're planning to ease ourselves in this last week of 2012 (I mean, we can't stop the champagne before New Years Eve, right??)  and then try a cleanse in January.  I've never really been big on New Years Resolutions (it always feels like to me that A New Chapter of life begins in September, no matter how many years I've been done with school!) but this seems like something that can help me get through the endless blah-ness of January. 

My first juice ingredients!  From my instagram.


http://pinterest.com/pin/6262886953447266/

No comments:

Post a Comment